Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FAMILY ABADIER REUNION

I don't know much about my clan, they say that if your surname is "Abadier" then you are maybe near relatives or far relatives. I tried to trace about my ancestor, first I contacted the local civil registrar office  but they don't have data for the year 1945 below, second the Lumban Parish Church, they can't find record or I guess they don't have time to look for it because they're gonna search huge amount of record books.

Good things that I had grandfather Undo and grandmother Idad (mother's side) who shared a brief history of our clan... I always asked them about who? whose? why? then why? what? who? repeatedly that's made them hand's up and eye-circling.... (my naughty tricks to grandfa & grandma).

They say that my grandfather's father's name is Ciriaco Abadier married to Felomena Gavia, and they got 24 children, 5 of them are twins... so all in all, only 12 of them survived including my father's father Floriano Abadier ( 9 girls and 3 boys). So I guess that having twins is just normal to any Abadier Family. I've got twin Uncle, Twin Cousins, Twin Grandma... and hope I will have twin kids someday too.

Our very first grand reunion of Abadier Family was held year 2002. I was then 22 years old and was the first time met cousins from different location. Upon picture taking for individual family, I felt sad for mine because we're only few in number while them are huge. But that is reality and can't blame my grandfa. Grandfa Floriano was separated from my grandma when my father was 6 years old, my auntie Amor was 3years old and my uncle fred was 6 mos old.

Grandfa floriano and grandma maring soon had their own family and left the 3s to the custody of my grandma Valeria (grandfa floriano's sister). My father got 7 kids and my Auntie Amor got 4 while uncle fred got nothing as in zero. I remembered my father speech during that time, that in 2nd grand reunion... we will be more and merrier.

The 2nd grand reunion was held last year (2011), here we come again after 10 years:



The remaining survivor of 24 siblings: are..........(Only 5!)
 

(From Left to Right: Grandma Valentina, Grandma Lucia, Grandma Manic, & Grandma Mini.. My grandfa Floriano was not feeling well that time so he missed this event.)

(From Left to Right: My Father Carlito Abadier, My uncle Fred, Uncle Danny (Tita Amor's Husband), Untie Amor with my lil sister Mambeth, My mother rosita, My in-law May with his son maksim and his husband presto (my brother), yanni (at the back-my brother), rosinni (my sister), Me (Allegrei with my son Janko), in-law Angelica with his husband Geepy (my brother.) 

Oh, We're still few, but my father repeat his speech 10 years ago, that we will soon be more and merrier just wait until next reunion. lols....

3rd Abadier Grand Reunion is scheduled on 2013!!! excited to see them once again !!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment