Thursday, September 27, 2012

"A Dice"



2013 Philippine National Election
 “Election Campaign Period”


I now feel excitement as well as tense for the upcoming national elections which will be held on May 2013.  Casual, Job orders, and temporary appointees of any municipal government will surely draw their dice once again this time (including me). This October is the beginning period for the filing of certificate of candidacy. Though go signal for election campaign is not yet announced by the national commission on election, some political candidates started to gather alliances, some are busy to post their black propaganda through social media, and some are busy to think of the way how to attracts voter’s heart.  I guess but not 100% sure; some started to withdraw their money from the bank for funding activities like “flying voters” and/or “vote buying”. Anyway that is a traditional mechanics ever of the dirty politicians.

And speaking of the Election Campaign period, I will surely found myself behind the scene again. Yes, way back in the year 2004, 2007, and 2010 I always played the role Father’s right hand. My father was always been assigned as the “Chairman” of one’s party. So his job is a bit dangerous and difficult because he may receive death threat from anonymous and have to think something ahead from other.

Being my “Father’s right hand”, I know the weight of responsibilities. His voice echoed in my head again “Always follow as instructed and trust no one” as usual. I will be in-charged again mostly in computer works, especially in monitoring and preparing master list of voters of this municipality. Though our party automatically get a copy of authentic master list of voters from the COMELEC,  For security reason, we still have to identify every single details recorded in the master list which has the same name, double status, double entry, already dead but still active in the voter’s list, voters that already in abroad, etc. By providing that kind of information, this will help our winning candidates to have a superb idea on how many possible voters are really exists and who among them must be guarded against dirty politicians.

From the very beginning, I am always with my father’s side no matter what because we have something in common. We act according to our beliefs and conscience.

Whatever happens in the 2013 National Election I must accept it without regret. Today is my chance to show my deepest gratitude to the people who trust and gave me a chance to be part of this municipality. Anyway, 7 years is enough and I’ve learned a lot from it.

Honestly, I’m not scared to lose my job, but what I’m afraid most is to forget and abandon the people who became the reason why I am here.

***














No comments:

Post a Comment